Artist Statement

---------

From: Ricardo Ramirez (rramirez2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 07:42:56 PST

Good morning,

   I am rusy at writing artist's statement...I need some advice. I
have an artwork that has been selected to be exhibited at the Latino
Cultural ARts Center in Dallas, TX.
It is a classical nude drawn with charcoal.
I was wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice or share
with me examples of his or her artist's statement.

I also have some good news for the 2004 Fuego y Alma International
Latino Music and Arts Festival. It will be held on October 9th in
Denton, Texas. We will have Jesus Moroles as judge for the Collegiate
ARt Competition. We may also have a Professional Art Competition. I
will send more information about the festival as we prepare it.

Ricardo Ramirez
Denton ISD Visual Arts Chair
Fuego Y Alma Co-Art Coordinator
(940) 369-4721