Re: Clay 30 kids - Middle School

---------

From: Justin Kramer (bern30_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 16:44:15 PDT

on 21/3/04 4:28 PM, Michelle Kee at m1kee2@hotmail.com wrote:

> Each student walks into the class with 20 points, earns points for their
> table, and their table earns points for their class. We have reward Friday.
> The classes compete for the outstanding year end party. One person makes
> a difference.
>
> Michelle, do you inform the students about their points and progress. I am
interested in this system but suspect that it will not work in current
location. All classes except those at the top of the list wouldn't care and
in some situations compete for bottom position as this would also provide
them with some "status". I am finding reward systems just don't work -
apathy and contempt is the flavour of many year levels. Student are
generally showing little regard for their work and appear to be very needed
and greatly lack independent thinking skills and problem solving ability -
my senior classes are the only contradiction to this.

Justin

---