RE: ratemyteachers.com

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 16:41:22 PST

I get students in my college classes right out of high school wondering why
they have to do hard work in my art class when they didn't have to do it in
high school...i know there is no way of trying to standardize things
really...the students i experience could have just gotten a tired teacher at
their high school...and that happens without being able to change it...its
just a fact that goes along with the job of teaching kids...i figure they
have to learn sometime and somewhere that they might actully learn more from
the tuff and harder classes and teachers...thats reason to be a tuff
teacher...just my two cents...i have gotten to the point of not paying
attention to the evaluations that say I am a hard teacher...or I take that
as a compliment...I think its good to be hard...and I admit...I try to scare
people out of their comfort zones by laying out tuff rules and guidelines
for being in my class...but i get much better results that way...and also
have very little rude students coming back at me...