Grading Long Projects

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 13:04:03 PST

After reading the post on figurative doodles I can to a question in which I struggle with. When doing a project that takes several weeks or longer how do you spread the grade over the quarter? When we do large projects I always run into the problem of having too few grades in my grade book I have tried progress grades but haven't come up with a way that works very good. Grading is my least favorite part of my job so I want to keep it to a manageable rate but I also want the grade to truly represents the work of the student. Any suggestion?

Hope everyone is having a great spring break and ready to finish up the year.

Blessings,
JoeGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

---