Re: ratemyteachers.com

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 05:38:55 PST

we are too far north yet for I think our students to know about this nor
care. Not everyone yet is caught up to speed with online activity beyond
simple email...but, out of curiosity I checked out a friend of mine teaching
science in Green Bay, a much larger system.

Not totally surprised...I found five students that rated him. There
comments were interesting....that he was tough, gave out lots of homework,
but that he was perhaps one of the smartest teachers that one student
new...and another said despite all the homework, they learned a great deal
from him.

While scary to imagine what students might say about you....I think he would
be surprised and pleased to know that his 20 years or so teaching has not
been lost on the kids. Kids were able to see beyond the typical complaints
of homework and toughness.

What the implications are in the long run for teachers is hard to say.

Larry S.

---