Tints and Shades

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 05:33:40 PST

> I use the complements (and actually hide the black paint).
> San D

Ditto to that !!

I do (did) try and explain my reasons for not liking the effect
of black paint to the students. I teach and paint the way I was
taught in 1960 in High School. Black only detracts from a
painting and does not mix well with most colors. Theory is one
thing and practice is reality. Students need to learn the difference.
Of course, with my control, I never let them see the comparison.
I believe I have only used black paint in a painting twice in 30 years.
One time I did it to tick a teacher of mine off.
                                                Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
My newest paintings from Taos: