Bulk supplies for educators

---------

From: Colette C (ctcolwell_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 10:10:23 PST

Fran,
This won't help you any, but your post reminded me of a fantastic resource
in Durham NC called the Scrap Exchange. As of last year, they were still
around. I think they stil are. I worked there for a while about 10 years
ago.

Manufacturers from all over the SE donated the most wonderful items to them.
  You could go there and fill up a grocery bag full of stuff. Back when I
worked for them it was $5 per bag. I don't know how much it is now.

Lots of teachers and artists bought stuff there. Besides the store, they
had a party room where kids could have birthday parties and make stuff.
They also would go to festivals and events with truckloads of stuff for
people to make things such as sculptures, costumes, hats...

Working for them for the short time that I did gave me the idea that I might
like being an art teacher.

I hope they are still around. Anyone from NC know?

Colette