Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Barbie Art Teacher's award

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 20:49:39 PST

From: Jennifer Chowning []
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 11:51 AM
Subject: Barbie wants to give you money

The Entertainment Industry Foundation and Mattel have launched the
Barbie Arts Teacher of the Year Search.

A woman just contacted me from Mattel, claiming that very few
nominations have been submitted. If you know of an arts teacher working
with students ages 6-12, this may be easy money to buy instruments,
costumes, and/or arts supplies.
Money goes to fund school arts programming
20 regional finalists will get $5,000
1 teacher will get $15,000
Deadline is March 31, 2004
There is an official nomination form and detailed information available

Jennifer W. Chowning
Arts in Education Coordinator
Americans for the Arts
1000 Vermont Avenue, NW, 12th Floor