Music for your Mexican Art Units

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 11:19:03 PST

Breanne (and all),

Breanne, I would really be interested in seeing one of
each project you do for an Art of Mexico theme page
fro IAD (Summer is good for me). Thanks Grace for the
Amate Lesson idea (from 2001)
http://www.artsonia.com/schools/school.asp?id=2B46D9815EA743739083F6D0907BD27F&year=2001
(If URL breaks - just click on Grace Hall on my web
page and them 2001).
Lesson plan:
http://www.artsonia.com/teachers/projects/plan.asp?id={53DAB98F-70AF-464F-B4DC-3D4B6435B6F3}
(I saved it to file to add on to the lesson I have on
Incredible Art Department)

Here is a site with some music to add to your units:
http://www.corridos.org/

Corridos sin Fronteras, Songs Without Borders -
Smithsonian traveling exhibition and educational web
site celebrating the narrative songs known as
corridos. Educational timeline - listen to ballads
from 15th century and post revolutionary days - tales
of daily life in Mexico.

Linked on Art of Mexico - under Interdisciplinary:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/mexico.htm

I had a great link for meaning of Zapotec weaving
symbols - but they are no longer on line. I'll do some
more searching after Breanne sends one image for IAD.

Judith Decker