Ceramic Car

---------

From: Vicki Leishman (vicki_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 20:07:02 PST

Hi Justin,

The more I look at the ceramic car the more I see. Is the banana (brick
texture) a phallic statement on surfie culture or should we leave that one
to the artist? For the US list members the bird sitting on top is a White
Cockatoo, also called a Sulphur Crested Cockatoo. According to 'What Bird
is That?, 'they are found throughout the Australian mainland (except
Western Australia, south of the Fitzroy River), King Island, and Tasmania.
While the flock is feeding individual birds perch on the topmost branches
of a high tree to act as sentinels, giving a shrill screech to warn the
flock when an enemy approaches'. They are also great mimics and can even
learn to mimic your voice - sometimes displaying a wicked sense of humour.
My grandmother had one which would constantly call the dog - using her
voice - and have the dog racing up and down the yard.

I look forward to images of the body painting on IAD.

Cheers,
Vicki (Perth, Western Australia)

---