Re: See Kathy Douglas' TAB- Choice Art Exhibit

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 08:09:38 PST

In a message dated 8/20/2009 12:38:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time, gchall@bsb.k12.la.us writes:

> It's a great way for students
> to stay focused on art, do something THEY want to do instead of always having
> to do what the teacher says. I firmly believe in it's ability to keep the
> student focused on art and creation while they are in the
> room.

What a great idea and a good way for teachers to experiment with choice. The fact that you provide high standards for investment is particularly important because then it becomes much more powerful than just a "filler" or a "reward". I would love to hear some tales of things you discovered about your students through their independent work.
kathy douglas

---