Re: teaching perspective at what age?

---------

From: Christy Kane (claygoddess31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 05:52:24 PST

I taught 1 point perspective to 7th graders using the idea of block letters
for their names. This was the first project for kids I would only see for 9
weeks, then a new group rotated in. It was a fast way for me to learn their
names, and they understood the idea of block letters. I used examples of cut
wooden keychains. I also taught 2 point perspective to 8th grade in the
context of outerspace cites where everything floated and was stacked,
floating side walks upside down houses, drive throughs etc... they finished
in colored pencil and fine tip marker outline. They did some incredible
drawings, and now that I have had some of them through graduation, they told
me they still had those drawings!

Christy Kane
3-D Art Teacher
Deer Lakes High School