Pringles Can

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 05:29:35 PST

I have used plasticine around a pringles can before and it turned out quite
good. It also weighted the can so the flowers didn't tip over. You leave it
open for the kids to design or go with a nature theme like a tree trunk with
roots and little animals around it or an underwater theme ( that's what I
ended up doing) . You could also do modern masters interpretation of a
theme. for example - If the theme of the banquet is under the sea ,
everyone could do under the sea pics using plasticine as a medium. Picasso
fish, Seurat Fish etc. If there is no theme, the children could do
plasticine portraits of each other looking out, going around the can, in
various poses, whatever. I have also used paper mache but had trouble with
cracking tempera - I love pringles cans - I always present it as a problem
to solve - the structure challenges them and limits them at the same time.
For something that is not as easy to damage and easier to transport, the
kids could always do a bright torn paper collage and then laminate them
before glueing them onto the can - oh - you've got my wheels turning! *I*
catharine in HOng Kong

No masks required! Use MSN Messenger to chat with friends and family.
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/25382.asp

---