Re: (aen) and arted MSDS and safety in the art room

---------

From: Maggie Tucker (arttucker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 04:26:48 PST

I've always been careful to order non-toxic, but never compiled the MSDS
forms. What about items like copper sheeting? Or are we talking about
"application" media like paint? In fact, I order from Dick Blick and Sax
regularly, and never received MSDS forms. Hmmmm.

  "The speaker brought out the importance of MSDS (material safety data
sheets). He told us, by law we are responsible to keep these at all
times at the building level (in case a child is harmed by any material we
use). I hate to admit it, but I had never seen them before this workshop.
 The speaker said the sheets should come in when the shipment arrives. "
Maggie Tucker

arttucker@earthlink.net

---