(aen) and arted MSDS and safety in the art room

---------

From: Linda E (thepaintbrushjar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 17:46:12 PST

   I went to a wonderful workshop this week on Safety in the art room. It really made me think about a lot of the "hazards" of the materials that we use everyday. The speaker brought out the importance of MSDS (material safety data sheets). He told us, by law we are responsible to keep these at all times at the building level (in case a child is harmed by any material we use). I hate to admit it, but I had never seen them before this workshop. This was also new to the other art teachers in my district. The speaker said the sheets should come in when the shipment arrives. (However, our shipments are broken down at a central place and then sent to us. So the sheets never make it that far I guess. ) I have started searching online, and many companies have them for easy download. I was wondering if you all keep your MSDS in a safe place?

---