Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

See Kathy Douglas' TAB- Choice Art Exhibit

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 14:20:41 PST

Dear ArtsEdNettes,

I know many of you are not "sold" on the idea of
Choice Art Education. I can certainly see the minor
problems that may occur in your classrooms....and yes,
when you are not the one supplying all of the ideas -
you may not get the same quality of art (that you are
used to getting for the "all doing the same thing -
traditional lesson plan approach").

I have finally looked at every work of art and read
every statement....One thing is certain these kids ARE
very proud of THEIR ideas and THEIR work:

I have Kathy's site linked on:

Folks had always referred to my students' work as "my
art" -- well in a way they were right - they were my
lesson plans (My Art) and I would bring out of the
kids what I wanted as a result - to meet my lesson
objectives (I would have them make the art visible).

Maybe some of you will give this a try occasionally (I
know some already do have Art Choice Days).

Thakns Kathy fo rputting all of this wonderful third
grade art online.

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources