See Kathy Douglas' TAB- Choice Art Exhibit

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 14:20:41 PST

Dear ArtsEdNettes,

I know many of you are not "sold" on the idea of
Choice Art Education. I can certainly see the minor
problems that may occur in your classrooms....and yes,
when you are not the one supplying all of the ideas -
you may not get the same quality of art (that you are
used to getting for the "all doing the same thing -
traditional lesson plan approach").

I have finally looked at every work of art and read
every statement....One thing is certain these kids ARE
very proud of THEIR ideas and THEIR work:
http://ebps.net/centralschool/artshow.html

I have Kathy's site linked on:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm

Folks had always referred to my students' work as "my
art" -- well in a way they were right - they were my
lesson plans (My Art) and I would bring out of the
kids what I wanted as a result - to meet my lesson
objectives (I would have them make the art visible).

Maybe some of you will give this a try occasionally (I
know some already do have Art Choice Days).

Thakns Kathy fo rputting all of this wonderful third
grade art online.

Judith Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/