RE: in defense : worms

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 12:43:59 PST

Michal, Your project, recording the movement of the worms on the paper sounds like an investigative science project to me - actually, it was my first thought, too. Who among us knows how worms move ? We learn how snakes move by watching them and recording the tracks they leave behind. How different was your (intended) project? Not very. How many of the rest of us have had experiences where projects take a different direction than our origianl intent? Your intent was visual exploring and learning - not hurting a living creature. It dissappoints me that this group could get so sidetracked on this subject as to think we do not take considerations like other types of living creatures into our artwork. Michal, I feel resposible for bringing this subject up, and I stand by you - Thank you for sharing the idea and the expreience!
Jan