Re: center piece/Papier Mache

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 11:57:14 PST

I recently had the 4th grade make domes as part of a month long
architecture unit. They had two templates to trace on poster board and
cut out. They attached one to meet the ends on the top and make a
dome/hat shape. then with the other template the attached it to the
lower portion of the dome and these became columns. As part of my unit I
had them learn the differences between the capitols and frieze's etc.
They had the option to use, ionic, doric or Corinthian capitals and then
attached them to the top of the columns, where the dome met. Then they
were to change the inside by adding people. Some kids added a floor and
people to go on top, others placed their people on top and some were
taped to the inside looking out. They could add a cross (since this is a
catholic school and we had viewed the architecture of Rome and florence.
Oh yes they added lines to the columns as well.
Sandra

---