artsednet list and differing opinions ...

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 10:09:06 PST

Hi Michal, (and All)
 Please don't stop posting to this list.
There are plenty of other people who appreciate and welcome your insightful posts.
It would be such a loss to many, if differing opinions are not present in our discussions.

As for negativity, or slamming someone. You have to just take it in with a grain of salt.
There will always be an opinions that are completely opposite of your own.
Try not to take them personally.
 I know it is difficult.
I tell my students all the time, that if something you like makes you happy, enjoy it.
Even if someone else says it's not cool or ugly or stupid.
They face such peer pressure these days.

We must teach our students through our own examples of tolerance, constructive criticism, and perseverance in the face of adversity. Imagine all of the great art we would not have, if the artist had listened to those who said to quit, or that they were crazy !

"Never let the odds keep you from doing what you were truly meant to do."
(Life's Little Instruction Book)

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

There are times when I read things people post on listservs, that remind me of what not to do !

---