Re: worms

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 06:33:15 PST

I thought I would be be less annoyed with this topic this morning, but I am
not. In the past I have mentioned these kind of comments as being
prohibitive to people posting. I feel attacked - my lesson had nothing to do
with using worms as paintbrushes. I saw this lesson in at least 5 different
environmental education books. The idea was to watch the worms wiggle and
create lines. None of my worms are harmed. I teach in a school that focuses
on enviromental studies - so telling me that I need to teach the value of a
living creature is like a slap in the face. Yes, I am angry. If you really
feel this way I suggest that you write to the publishers of those books and
let them know, because I will no longer respond. I am finished with this
list.
Michal

> > > I really don't think using worms as paint brushes is a good thing.
> Worms
> > > are living creatures that should be treated with care and respect
> despite
> > > their lowly status. We need to teach children that all forms of life
> are
> > > valuable and have a purpose. The purpose of earth worms is not to
> become
> > > living paintbrushes.
> > >
> > > Sky in NJ

---