Re: teaching perspective at what age?

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (hoart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 12:23:05 PST

I don't teach perspective drawing anymore now that I am teaching
digital media but I used to teach it to 7th graders. It was a little
difficult for them to grasp perspective at the start but when they got
it, they loved it. Some kids were inspired and did some great drawings
while most did OK. There were a very few who had a hard time
understanding it and barely demonstrated any understanding of
perspective in their drawings. A very small few did not even want to
try to grasp it and those were the students who had trouble with
learning in general.

Harold

personal web site - www.olejarz.com
school web site -