Re: teaching perspective at what age?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 21:51:23 PST

My grand daughter Tiffanie understands the concept of size change
with distance and she is only five. She explained to me why a picket
fence in a picture she was coloring got smaller as it went around the
house. I was impressed that she had used the word medium to describe
part of the fence when her mom ask her why is it smaller back there ?
Tiff said, "It's because it's farther away". So we should not be afraid
to introduce concepts related to perspective quite early. Just don't
force it on them. Some children are ready earlier than others.
                                                Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
My newest paintings from Taos: