RE: bones to Worms?

---------

From: Theresa Parker (tlparker77_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 18:12:20 PST

Just finished an "underground drawing" project with 1st and 2nd graders in
conjunction with their science unit on "pebbles, sand, and silt". They
first did texture rubbings of all sorts of textured things like sandpaper,
wood, lace, Lego surfaces, embossed wallpaper, screen, etc. on various
colors of lightweight paper until they had a nice selection of papers.
These were then cut into rocks and pebbles and arranged in layers on
construction paper. We talked about plants being above ground with their
roots stretching downward through various layers as well as worms and their
tunnels, perhaps mouse holes. We ended up spending several art sessions on
these, finishing them off with subtle flourishes of gold glitter. They are
hanging in the hallway with the children's sentences asking "Can you find
three worms?" and "My drawing shows a mouse in her hole, a worm and gold!"
and the like. Our principal is really proud of these.

Theresa
Gig Harbor, WA

>Since we're on the subject how the earth recycles, might someone have an
>idea or, better yet, a good art project about worms?
>

>---

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx

---