Re: teaching perspective at what age?

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 14:56:41 PST

Donna,
        Of course I've only taught 6-8th grade except for student
teaching 29 years ago, but I'd introduce linear perspective at
about the 5th grade. Not all students would be ready for it but
those that are need to be introduced to it. But to me as a painter,
perspective is not simply the one, two or multiple point perspective.
I think informal perspective should start as soon as possible. By
this I mean placement, overlapping, value change, etc. Here is a link
to some of my students notebooks:
        http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/DepthCues.html
                                                        Woody in KC

--