Re: Youth Art Month - Youth as Advocates (Linda)

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 21:53:50 PST

Linda,

"Joan" thanks you, Linda, for making this a popular
subject on Getty list tonight!

>>inheriting bones from a retiring art teacher. (Not
>>HIS bones, lol

and I am sorry -- but I am laughing about your poor
retired coworker's bones, now. Well...You TOLD me to
laugh out loud so I did! Silly girl! I don't think
anyone read it that way.

Sorry to hear about the Deer skull though....Is it
glue-able? Maybe try some Epoxy. Hold together with
masking tape until glue hardens.

I am getting a lesson idea added to IAD in honor of
the bones thread - Dem bones gonna rise again! I am
sure -- they always do...at least once year.
A while back I posted a great high school site that
had beautiful bone drawings and paintings - great use
of color! Maybe I can find it again....
My school had "Hermon" - a real human skeleton (who
was really a she) - don't know how long she had been
around. She was donated to the health department.
Science department had a lot of skull bones.

I never did get any pelvic/hip bones (other than
Hermon's) - that is what I wanted. Can you visual me
trying to find a pot big enough to boil a cow's pelvic
bone? (Oh I KNOW that isn't the right way to do it --
but the alternatives didn't sound all that pleasant).
Meatpacking/butcher shops won't give out bones around
here anymore....health issues. Photographs from books
had to suffice for my sculpture lesson.

Blessings!

Judy