Re: source for bones for drawing

---------

From: Dorothy Kane (creativemetals_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 12:58:38 PST

www.antlersrus.com may be able to refer. They got me to a source when I
needed moose antlers to make arrowheads by traditional means.

A vendor at a large Pow-Wow I attended had an amazing collection from the
tiniest mouse skull to huge elk and everything in-between. Not cheap, but
reasonable considering the condition and availability. I got the feelng he
traveled the country and attended many major Pow-Wows. As a non-Native
American, I don't know if one would typically find skulls at these
gatherings, but found it to be a rich cultural experience worth exploring
whether you find skulls or not.

Dorothy

on 3/11/04 3:20 PM, Donald Peters at softsnow@hotmail.com wrote:

>> Big bucks - the hundreds sometimes.
>
> I figured as much... I know anything over 3 points sells for a nice chunk on
> e-bay.. so IF they did sell cheap, a smart person would buy them up and then
> resell them =D

---