RE: bones to Worms?

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 11:00:58 PST

Whoops! I was beaten to the punch. Sorry!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

>===== Original Message From "Fields, Linda" <fieldsl@guilford.k12.nc.us>
=====
>I wonder what would happen if you collected some earthworms and dipped them
in tempera and let them crawl on paper. I don't mean dip them enough to drown
them, just maybe dip their bellies slightly in a shallow container. I bet the
kids would have a ball. Another idea might be to do a kind of layered
cross-section of the earth. You could do it with construction or tissue
paper-have sky across the top, then grass, then dirt with maybe some rivulets
of water. You could make colorful flowers above the grass (or vegetables) with
roots going down into the dirt, then have the kids cut out or draw worms and
place them crawling through the dirt-maybe a few poking cute little heads
above the ground. Let us know what you decide-sounds like fun. And good for
you for integrating! Linda

---