RE: bones to Worms?

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 10:55:55 PST

I wonder what would happen if you collected some earthworms and dipped them in tempera and let them crawl on paper. I don't mean dip them enough to drown them, just maybe dip their bellies slightly in a shallow container. I bet the kids would have a ball. Another idea might be to do a kind of layered cross-section of the earth. You could do it with construction or tissue paper-have sky across the top, then grass, then dirt with maybe some rivulets of water. You could make colorful flowers above the grass (or vegetables) with roots going down into the dirt, then have the kids cut out or draw worms and place them crawling through the dirt-maybe a few poking cute little heads above the ground. Let us know what you decide-sounds like fun. And good for you for integrating! Linda