Re: source for bones for drawing

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 05:30:15 PST

For cheap bones you need to get in contact with someone
who has ranch or farm land. I've already packed my skulls
to take to Albuquerque. Frani bought me a cows skull. The
triplets found a deer's skull on their land and gave it to me.
I even packed a hornets nest I use to decorate my studio.
If you have friends who are driving west this summer look
for places that sell bones. I pass lost of sites with stacks
of skulls as I drive to Taos. I'm sure skulls go for over
fifty dollars.
                                        Woody in KC
You can even buy them over the web:
http://www.clawantlerhide.com/no-frames/skullsbones.htm