Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: source for bones for drawing

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Mar 11 2004 - 05:30:15 PST

For cheap bones you need to get in contact with someone
who has ranch or farm land. I've already packed my skulls
to take to Albuquerque. Frani bought me a cows skull. The
triplets found a deer's skull on their land and gave it to me.
I even packed a hornets nest I use to decorate my studio.
If you have friends who are driving west this summer look
for places that sell bones. I pass lost of sites with stacks
of skulls as I drive to Taos. I'm sure skulls go for over
fifty dollars.
                                        Woody in KC
You can even buy them over the web:

I got the above from a Goggle search.

"Sears, Ellen" wrote:
> When I first subscribed to getty - one of the threads was on how to clean
> cow skulls-
> I never laughed so hard at my computer reading some of the things that
> happened when people tried to cleaning the bones - from trying to 'cook'
> them in the kiln to leaving them on the stove too long...
> tried to search for them - but couldn't find the thread....

28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
My newest paintings from Taos: