Re: Kris' Kumihimo Braiding PowerPoint - Plus LINKS!

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 18:49:25 PST

When I was in college we learned kumihemo - it was very involved with 32
strings on bobbins, but the loom was very simple. We learned the chevron
braid, the zigzag braid, and the flat chevron braid (28 threads). My
instructor had co-authored a book titled "Kumihemo" (Mary Sue Foster and
Charlotte Loveland). Mary Sue had spent quite some time in Japan learning
this technique. It was fascinating, but also challenging. I enjoyed it, but
hadn't pulled that file out for 12 years. Thanks for reminding me of this -
I'll have to try building a loom over spring break. I can't imagine it
coming in a kit - I'd be interested in purchasing one. :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

> >From one who also made those braids as a kid, thanks Judy and Kris for