Re: Feedback for Kathy and ALL of the Children of Massachusetts

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 12:32:01 PST

In a message dated 3/10/2004 3:11:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, wduncan@kc.rr.com writes:

> What are the restrictions on
> displaying student art in Massachusetts ?

Hi Woody, this is Kathy here. In public schools hallways are now not supposed to have any paper in them any more. Some town fire chiefs are allowing art shows to go up for one night with a fire marshall present throughout. Other towns are not as strict. In my case the show is too big for me to put up for just a 24 hour period (my opinion) The show used to hang for a month and the whole school used it as a field trip and writing prompt. For some reason libraries can still have art displays; I am considering moving my show to the town library for a month next spring if they will have me. We will be able to have a reception there and many of the children will see their work in that way. It was pretty interesting to work on the Internet part of the show. The parents are here today for parent conferences and they seem quite excited about it. We try to make lemonade out of lemons.
Thanks for asking!
kathy douglas
http://ebps.net/centralschool/artshow.html
http://knowledgeloom.org/tab