Re: Have you put on a workshop??

---------

From: barb cicchelli (bcriverspirit_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 11:22:31 PST

Probably a lot of this you will already know but
thought I'd throw in a few insights-giving them a
starting point each day and initial instruction works
great-just don't keep the group too long watching you
paint-try to keep the demo around 45 min or less cuz
they are EXCITED about gettin started on their own
stuff. I do find that having specific objectives each
day did help-like painting shadows, simplifying shapes
in a painting etc, pouring techniques or whatever. My
most appreciated workshop was probably where lunch was
homemade soup, homemade bread and a homemade
dessert!!! There was a great neighborhood lady that
provided the lunch-cost was built in the workshop
fee.Also a time at the end of the day where student
paintings were ALL put up and discussed was
appreciated. Also, I know process is tantamount but
participants do want to try to come up with something
decent-so adequate time is needed to work on their own
things-if possible it's nice to have the facility open
in the evenings so they can come back and work on
their own. Also it's nice to have a few prints of
instrctor's work-like in a brochure and the
opportunity to buy originals of the instrctor
also.Lastly-if there are any specific small tools or
special colors that you use, etc. it's nice to have
them for purchase through the instructor or have the
local art store stock them up ahead of time. have fun