Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Henri Matisse quotes and quotations - BrainyQuote website

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 04:18:34 PST

Hi All,
 Matisse quotes.

A picture must possess a real power to generate light and for a long time now I've been conscious of expressing myself through light or rather in light.
Henri Matisse

Derive happiness in oneself from a good day's work, from illuminating the fog that surrounds us.
Henri Matisse

Drawing is like making an expressive gesture with the advantage of permanence.
Henri Matisse

On this site, if you click on author types, you can get to all artist quotes.

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)