Henri Matisse quotes and quotations - BrainyQuote website

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 04:18:34 PST

Hi All,
 Matisse quotes.

A picture must possess a real power to generate light and for a long time now I've been conscious of expressing myself through light or rather in light.
Henri Matisse

Derive happiness in oneself from a good day's work, from illuminating the fog that surrounds us.
Henri Matisse

Drawing is like making an expressive gesture with the advantage of permanence.
Henri Matisse

 http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henri_matisse.html

On this site, if you click on author types, you can get to all artist quotes.

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

---