flaking glaze

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 02:45:15 PST

this probably has been answered, but one of my students had this problem
and the local University Art Ed Professor ( who is also a potter) suggested
oily hands. The student did have high oil content on her hands and when we
cleaned the piece down with a bit of gentle rubbing with soaped rag
/drying... the glaze stuck. ( Oh course it did help that the flaked areas
looked like finger prints... Randy in Maine

---