Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Kumihimo from a "Gleaner"

From: Eric & Kris Holsen (holsenek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 18:46:28 PST

Hi all,

I am trying to catch up on my digests - yes, even in digest mode I am
desperately behind...

Yes, I am a "gleaner." Thanks to you all I have a lovely filemaker pro
document full of "keepers" that have saved me more than once!

I just recently learned the basics of kumihimo cord braiding (Japanese). I
am willing to share my powerpoint if anyone is interested. It can be pretty
simple - elementary kids would probably be fine with it. I have my Vis. Art
1ies doing it in high school and it is all over the school like a fashion
craze...they beg for more designs!

Please send requests to or Judy if you have room for it
let me know.

Kris Holsen
Rochester, MN
"You must become the change you wish to see in the world."  -Gandhi