Re: Need the look of patina and bronze

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 18:17:57 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
From: ARTNSOUL12@aol.com
I need advice as to an easy and non-toxic way to simulate patina and bronze.
I have some ideas, but maybe someone out there has a foolproof way. I'd
appreciate any ideas.
*********************************
Hi, Susie-Q. I do "patina" the cheap way. You can check out our "Grots"
on......

and see how they look finished. They paint their sculptures first with all
brown. Dry. They can use 3 diff. patinas. You can also look at the
Giacometti figures link on our site and you can see the steps I show the
kids on the 3 types of patina. They make their own choices from the
examples.

For one....over the brown paint sponge green. Dry. Sponge gold, silver, or
bronze.
            or
2. Over brown paint, sponge turquoise. Dry. Sponge gold, silver, or bronze.
            or
3. Over brown paint, sponge black. Dry. Sponge gold, silver, or bronze.

I like Sargent's gold, silver, and bronze tempera the best. You can order
cheaply from Molly Hawkins.com on-line. Best gold tempera there is.

Spray with clear matte spraypaint if you want protection of the tempera.
Personally I wouldn't do patina any other way. It's sooooo cheap and easy.

See you soon in Denver. Toodles....Bunki

---