Re: Need the look of patina and bronze

---------

From: Ray Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 16:24:03 PST

I imagine someone will be able to give exact directions, but there was
an artist featured on Carol Duvall last year who did some really good
faux bronze pieces. I can't remember the exact way, but it involved a
layer of dark brown paint, dry that layer, then a wash of green over it
and rubbed off, then waxed. The trick, she said was one paint layer was
oil paint and the other acrylic. I can't remember which was which though
We tried it on a cheap resin piece we got in a bargain bin and it really
looked real.
This is her website and she has her email on it and says she welcomes
questions.....
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~originalsbyedie/id2.html
Good luck- sorry I can't remember more....
Heather

ARTNSOUL12@aol.com wrote:

> Hi, All,
>
> I need advice as to an easy and non-toxic way to simulate patina and
> bronze. I have some ideas, but maybe someone out there has a foolproof
> way. I'd appreciate any ideas.

---