Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

More Photoshop Portraits - Mike and all

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 13:45:33 PST

Mike - and all,

Here are some excellent 8th grade self portraits from
Melissa Spellman's students:

I put these back on line just for you. I had my sixth
graders make frames/mats to go with their expressive
self portraits, too (like minds here). Maybe have the
kids find articles in the local newspaper - combine
with words printed from the computer.

This also has the tip Melissa and I both used for
grids - put a gridded acetate over the original -
saves time - and kids still have the unmarked original
image. For a 12 x 18 painting - maybe make all images
4" x 6" for easy enlarging. 300% enlargement...or
allimages 6" x 9" for 200% enlargement.

This will only be on the site a short time....I will
eventually write up the entire lesson plan and get it
linked. I have lots of stuff to add to it now.

Glad to help!

P.S. for Melissa - Sorry I haven't gotten your dolls
shared yet - I have really been dragging my feet on
that one...It is such a SUPER lesson! I just can't
find the artist I am thinking of who does them, too.

Judith Decker
Imcredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

Do you Yahoo!?