Re: Adams...

---------

From: mary maloney johnson (maloneymk_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 04:29:53 PST

Hi Larry,

I've never read his writings. Can you suggest something? I will see what I
can find in my local library. I have a real vice in spontaneously clicking
"buy it now" in Amazon.

The differences between tutored children (and those who are home schooled
by conscientious parents) is pretty big. They have so much time to follow
their interests, time to find out what their interests are, immediate
in that they usually spend more time around adults.. Did Adams go to school
in any way similar to the way kids do today? I would like to know. People
are more capable of brilliance than we see in our warehousing-school
situations. To be honest my feeling is that the absurdity of placing 30
kids in a room with one adult and expecting the needs and talents or all to
be effectively addressed is a dinosaur of an idea that is thrust on our
consciences every day.

Kathy

leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---