Colour Scheme Site

---------

From: Vicki Leishman (vicki_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 23:16:02 PST

Wow!! After the Andy Warhol site and now Justin's Colour Scheme site it
makes you wonder just how many innovative sites must be out there. 'Oscars'
to all those web designers.

According to the site I'm a Dessert Spice - coincidentally I had my
colours done many years ago and they are the same colours.

The Taubmans colour scheme site reminds me of a colour exercise my
university lecturer (Vice-President of the International Colour
Association) would give his First Year design students:

STEPS:
1. Each student to bring a plant or rock and visually break it down into
individual colours.
2. Replicate each colour by painting a 4cm X 4cm square using gouache.
3. Cut across colour squares and create rectangles of colour of various widths.
4. Reassemble coloured rectangles into interesting colour 'samples'.
Similar to the colour samples on this site.

Great exercise to encourage students to see colour in the environment as
being much more complex than just green, blue or brown.

Vicki
(Perth, Western Australia)

---