Re: Be The Change...

---------

From: jlb (wjbaas_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 18:22:47 PST

So glad you'r on this list Larry,
As usual --------elequently said.
I faced these kinds of students and parents daily. Unfortunately, it was
me that the administration said was out of line. I firmly berlieve in
qulaity and bwecame the **** for not bowing to their demands. I left
grade changes in their hands. And would you believe---------they changed
student grades to get rid of parental pressure.
It's that part of teaching that I don't miss.
Habng in there,
Gelato

>I made my case that I could not just give out gifts but that kids have to
>earn it. That a poor precedence is set when kids can go around not applying
>themselves and know that a complaint can raise the grade.
>
>She went right down to the main office and raised stink.
>peace

---