Re: Behavior disorders and learning disabilities

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 13:18:26 PST

Have you looked at their IEP's? The LD's may not respond to the same stimuli that the BD students may. Just as with any other class, each student will have his/her own unique needs and interests. While they have their own learning criteria don't assume these kids are dumb. I have had many high school students who were LD and still achieved a 4.0 GPA. BD students have behavior disorders, not learning disabilities, so the key is to engage them. I have a 4th grade OP art spinner lesson that was originally shared in my exceptional child class as being a good lesson for autistic students, and all my 4th grade students love it! This lesson is on my site - good luck and have fun with them! :-)
~*~Michal~*~
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
   Does anyone have any art lesson plans for self contained 6th grade BD(behavior disorders) or self contained LD(learning disabilties) classes?

---