A feast for the eyes! Childrens art from Japan

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 10:31:57 PST

(Thank you Ryuichi - links added - and more to come)

Dear Art Educators,

I have received word today of this EXCELLENT site for Children's art work.

Child Art Museum in Japan from Ryuichi Nishio
http://www.edu-c.pref.kumamoto.jp/ws/kmtartws/index3.htm

I browsed the woodcuts first and would really love to here some of these art
teacher's ideas on how they did some of these prints. The ones that look
somewhat like tempera batiks really intrigue me (multicolor prints with
softer black outlines). I also really enjoyed looking at the art from around
the world. Many excellent lesson ideas!

This is the goal of the site:

"We are teachers who are teaching fine arts in the elementary school and
junior high school in Japan. We are collecting the pictures which children
drew, in order to build a database.
We consider fine arts to be a common language.
It is because the heart can be conveyed in a color and form. More beauty and
the encounter to creativity will be promised when you utilize this site.
The number of works is about 5000."

I have linked this site on:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/kid_galleries.html
and (scroll to Japan)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/elementary2.html#Australia

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources

P.S. I think Bill Gates has something here...Charging for each email... I
may just see how this might work (grin). I am going to start "charging" for
my advice (actually, I think this was Jackie's idea)....Send me a GREAT
SCHOOL art site in your location (city/state/country)- and I will add you to
the list of those who paid for my advice.....Oh just kidding folks! Child
Art Museum will be featured on Great School Art Sites, too. But if Bill gets
his way...I am done "talking". I will not pay to give advice. I pay enough
for my Internet service. I haven't asked Bill yet who is going to pay for
all of those virus emails sent on my address.

---