Re: Behavior disorders and learning disabilities

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 09:41:09 PST

In a message dated 3/6/04 11:56:44 AM, Ronikul@aol.com writes:

> Does anyone have any art lesson plans for self contained 6th grade
> BD(behavior disorders)  or self contained LD(learning disabilties) classes?

This is a very short answer to a very large (and important) question: Think
3-D. While my students are 2-3 years younger than yours, I have found a large
majority of them are much more comfortable working 3-D. (and this includes
clay sculpture, found object sculpture, plaster masks, weaving)
Good luck to you. You are doing very difficult work with people who really
need art.
kathy douglas

---