Re: Behavior disorders and learning disabilities

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 09:36:29 PST

Dear Rachel,

I know movement is so important with these students. I have lots of ideas on this topic.
Email me off list if you are interested. It will take me about two hours (maybe longer) to write them all up.

My apologies to Digest users....but this image is a dancing elephant. YES! One of my ideas does bring in a dancing elephant, too. After all...Art should be Comprehensive....Multiple Intelligences..... Kids with behavior disorders need movement -- kids with learning disabilities are smart in other ways. It doesn't take long to find their strengths. I even worked with Multi-handicapped when I was subbing (self-contained classroom teacher). Your lessons should focus on life skills.

I promise not to send too many html messages - I know that causes you fits (I was once a digest user).

Pam Stephens, I know this is an important topic. When I send my advice to Rachel off list - I will cc it to you to share with your students.

Cheers!

Judith Decker