Re: Adams...

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 08:18:24 PST

>A small correction - it seemed so unusual that I couldn't imagine
> I'd never heard about it so I looked him up-
> He interpreted french for his father when he accompanied his father on a
> diplomatic mission to Russia. He wasn't an ambassador.
> Kathy

thanks Kathy...I sit corrected. Went back and reread it. I remember he
impressed me for being so young, and even a linquist is
impressive...according to one history this is the pattern. Highlights and
underscores that our schools should be most appreciative that I do not teach
math!!! hahaha...

Would have been about 27 years old I believe by the time he was appointed an
ambassador. Even that is young by today's standards. More so...many were
receiving Ivy league school education at these tender young ages. Amazes me
to read over their early writings. Humbling.

the account..
John Quincy became the sixth president of the United States, the only such
father son presidnts until President George W. Bush was elected in 2000. As
a boy he was a brilliant linguist and actually played an important role in
diplomacy for the Amerivan colonists. John Quincy was educated at Harvard
and practiced law as a young man. After independence, President Washington
appointed him Ambassador to the Netherlands. He married Louisa Carherine
Jounson, the daughter of the American Ambassador to England. After returning
to America he won election to the Senate. He then served as Ambassadir to
Russia and became one of the most prominent Secetaries of State.

My bad....

Larry
My websites-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

Member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air Painters"
http://nappap.org

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---