Re: Beh'r disorders (was, no subject)

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 06:15:09 PST

Ronikul@aol.com wrote:
> Does anyone have any lesson plans for 6th grade behavior disorders and
> for 6th grade learning disabilities classes?

Are these students mainstreamed into your regular art classes? Or
taught in a self-contained class? How many are there? What's on their
IEPs? I've had a lot of mainstreamed students, and this year have a
four-student self-contained class come for 20 minutes a week. Give me
more details and I can advise you better.

In the meantime, get ahold of the book Exceptional Children, Exceptional
Art (published by Davis). It does not have lesson plans, but gives you
insights into what you're dealing with and what types of activities work
well.

Maggie

---