worm updates

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 20:36:31 PST

Hi, all,

Below is an update on all those worms that are sending scary e-mail
warnings to us this week. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE "FROM:" LINE IS FORGED,
SO AN E-MAIL THAT APPEARS TO COME FROM SOMEONE YOU KNOW--INCLUDING YOUR
ISP--IS FAKE.

Maggie
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
______ Several New Worm Variants Found This Week! ____________

What a week for worms! Over the last seven days we have seen the
emergence of twenty-five new viruses/worms and three of them have ranked
at a category 3 or higher threat risk. The hackers are hitting quick and
hard this year and only you can protect yourself. The most immediate
dangers are W32.Netsky.D@mm, W32.Netsky.C@mm, W32.Beagle.K@mm &
W32.Beagle.E@mm. These are all mass mailing worms that spoof the ĎFromí
field. Donít let these tricky worms fool you by opening the attachment
it sends. Make sure your software is up-to-date and donít trust any
attachments even if it is from someone you know. Find out more
information on these dangerous worms/viruses by going to:

http://www.sarc.com/

---