Re: John Quincy Adams - and body parts

---------

From: Joan Dark (joandark4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 14:44:26 PST

Still pretty impressive that a 14 year old could serve
as an interpretor.

Oh the "good old days".... In the good old days kids
DID learn different languages and could speak them and
write them fluently. Now that everyone is learning
English around the world (and speaking it much better
than our kiddies, mind you) our kids don't have much
need to become fluent in another language. My
Great-Great Grand dad could write and speak German
(his language) - French (the second language for the
Richer Family as many moved to France) - and the third
English. He was a farmer and a school
teacher.....There will be Geniuses coming from this
generation of kids - You will see. They just might not
all come from your classroom.

Now for Body Parts. (I know these two don't go
together at all)

One of the GUYS on the dollmakers' list brought up the
question today: "What is your favorite body part to
sculpt?" Not one mentioned your special part...I guess
they DO grow out of it (grin). I did tell them how
much fun I had with his question. The dollmakers were
pretty chatty today. Kept me busy....They are so much
fun!

Widow "Red" Bryant does have fun sculpting that part
on her "Boyz in the Woods" though...although it is
probably not her favorite part to sculpt. Take a peak
- but be sure you are over 18 (smile).

Judith

P.S. Word is out that Yahoo and others - are thinking
about charging a fee per email?... I guess that will
be the end of "Joan". I am off right now to see what
our local paper has to say about it. They think it
will cut down on Spammers (fat chance - the Spammaer
just won't pay their bill and will get a new email
address)-- but then what about all of the bogus virus
emails that are sent out? - Who pays for those? Not
me!I guess I will have to raise a stink about this
one...it is a BAD idea no matter how you look at it.

--- mary maloney johnson <maloneymk@earthlink.net>