Re: AEN hs rant

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 11:16:29 PST

"ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu> writes:
>Personally...I resent what is creeping into our culture a notion that fun
>must incorporate a degree of aimless foolishness.
and the notion that we are to 'entertain them" - that really gets me as I
teach English and writing also and they just want to have "fun" and
complain if we aren't doing something that involves media or some sort of
project - yet their parents complain we are not teaching "the basics".
Something will have to give somewhere - I wonder how they will be as
adults.

Sue E. Stewart
Fine Arts and English
Sumner High School